Fatal Risk Control Standards
A critical aspect of any organisations Safety Management System (SMS) is the identification, assessment and mitigation of Fatal Risks. Wherever there is a potential for a given workforce or members of the public to be harmed in the course of business undertakings, organisations must act to eliminate Fatal Risks where possible or to manage the risk to a level that is as so far as is reasonably practicable (SFAIRP ). Leading Edge Safety Systems has assisted a number of organisations in the development of Fatal/Critical Risk Control programs, including:
- Networks NSW (Ausgrid, Endeavour Energy and Essential Energy)
- Toll NZ
- Roads and Maritime Services
- Provides a means by which to maintain commitment from all leaders to implement a systematic fatality prevention program;
- Engages all employees in the process of fatality prevention
- Provides a framework for compliance with the Fatal Risk Minimum Control Standards consistent with the expectations of the business for safe behaviour during the conduct of work tasks.